Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Vmturbo over VCOP

I first must admit that I haven't used VCOP in 2 years at least.  Why would I after I started using VMturbo. VCOP is suppose to have an advantage because they are pulling from their own vcenter database. I found VCOP very robust and very difficult to pull the info I wanted from it.  The reports could never be as custom as I wanted them to be either.  Add all that on top of the price which was crazy expensive we had to look at alternatives.

Vmturbo sent me an ova, I had it up in about 20 minutes. let it run for an hour before they called to walk me through the setup(was already finished with the setup once they called). As soon as we signed in together My whole environment had recommendations and ways to balance my virtual environment on hosts better than what Vmware was doing native. After a few weeks of testing and monitoring I no longer was letting vmware manage the Vmotion.

I was able to write custom reports, find deep dive details about each guest and host in my environment.  I love this tool you can hear a little more of my thoughts here.

https://greencircle.vmturbo.com/community/customer-access/blog/2014/09/04/vmturbo-customers-vmworld-city-of-garland-tx?et=notification.mention


No comments:

Post a Comment